The MFT Extreme Duty Polymer Magazine (EXDPM556) is a next-generation AR15/M4 magazine that utilizes new material technology and manufacturing processes for enhanced strength, durability, and reliability. It is designed to exceed demanding military performance specifications and is also compatible with a wide range of non-AR15/M4 platforms.
Features and Benefits:
- 50% stronger and 3x more impact resistant than traditional nylons, thanks to its use of next-generation long glass fiber polymer.
- Enhanced strength and durability, making it ideal for use in harsh environments and demanding situations.
- Ribbed front and rear gripping surface for increased control and handling.
- Long-life USGI-spec stainless steel spring for reliable feeding and performance.
- Four-way anti-tilt self-lubricating follower for smooth and consistent operation.
- Flared floor plate for easier loading and retrieval.
- Oversized bolt catch for positive engagement and lockback.
- Paint pen dot matrix for easy identification and marking.
- Tool-less disassembly with double floor plate safety release tabs for simple and easy maintenance.
The MFT EXDPM556 is the perfect magazine for shooters who demand the best in terms of performance, reliability, and durability. It is ideal for use in a variety of applications, including military, law enforcement, competition, and personal defense.
This is, by far, the best magazine I have yet encountered. I like MFT magazines to begin with. They are the best value available. But these are an improvement over even that. Thicker, stouter material. WAY better grip all along and at the most commonly used grip points. My mag well is really picky about what falls out without encouragement and that is THE deciding factor in speedloading and these seat and fall out like butter. The biggest improvement, I think, is in the feed lips. You can literally see the better seating and retention of the rounds underneath the feedlips. In most mags the top round doesn't seat in a way that conforms to the feed lip, these do. And there is no flex so I'm not worried about these mags spitting out a couple rounds if dropped. I'm not one to just drop this lightly but I'm gonna do it. It is here - P-Mag Killer.
So I always shop at academy and I started to see these on the shelf. So I picked a few up because the price was hard to beat compared to magpul mags . The mag is just as good as magpul and some. The reason I put 4 stars and not 5 is because trying to take the base plate off is a task to do. There are two slots that you have to depress at the same time to get it off the mag . I would recommend just having one slot. And please provide some color options in the future! But overall the MFT mags are the best thing since sliced bread!